Fancy being part of an award-winning team that thinks creatively and makes real change happen?
We’re a busy team of strategists, planners, designers, animators, videographers, publicists, educators, students and canines. We bring together our team’s unique skills, talents and passions to create standout, engaging and thought-provoking work which works (and makes our clients very happy as a result!).
Our clients range in size and sector and come to us from all over the world to support them. As a full-service agency, we help to develop brands through insight and collaboration. We connect people through a unique, united, multidisciplinary approach to marketing.
Due to the great work we produce, the demand on our team is increasing. This means our team is constantly evolving and growing as a result.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and talented bid writer to join our partnerships team. This role is suited to someone who is a great writer, methodical, strategically minded and who has a talent for seeking and responding to business opportunities suited to our agency.
The ideal candidate will have the drive and ambition to work closely with our head of partnerships to provide our delivery teams with a steady pipeline of exciting projects, as well as identifying opportunities to develop and grow the business.
We want our new team member to be an excellent writer, who has passion, commitment and is self-motivated. We’re looking for a talented individual who can demonstrate effective, concise and compelling content in response to a brief while under the pressure associated with tight deadlines.
Our new team member will have experience in tendering for complex contracts both large and small and for Government organisations. They will have the ability to translate technical information within a brief and respond with real examples of how the business meets specified requirements and can add additional value that competitors can not. Along with excellent writing capabilities, the ideal candidate must have the ability to work as part of a team to obtain relevant information from all bid stakeholders in order to deliver a solid response to any brief.
Degrees and other qualifications in writing or related subjects are encouraged but not essential. We are looking for a resourceful and determined team member who has initiative and is able to implement structured processes as they may be required to manage multiple bids at any one time.
We need someone who can hit the ground running and fit seamlessly into our close-knit team as quickly as possible.
Sound like you? Great! Please read on…
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING IN THIS ROLE…
- Ensuring that we are on all relevant frameworks and tender portals
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with local authorities and other organisations in both the public and private sectors who run tender exercises
- Monitoring potential business opportunities and acting on them efficiently, liaising with appropriate colleagues
- Supporting Agent Academy in seeking funding opportunities and working with the academy director to pull together strong bids
- Timely planning, management and completion of allocated selection questionnaires and tender submissions through the various stages of procurement processes
- Planning, drafting, writing and coordinating responses to bids
- Ensuring all written documentation relating to bids and tenders is of high quality and accuracy
- Working closely with the wider team and constructing relevant answers that clearly answer a brief’s requirements and portray Agent appropriately
- Building internal and external relationships with individuals in order to create quality bids that best represent the Agent’s services
- Managing each bid as a mini-project and ensuring that all tasks are assigned to relevant team members and actioned in a timely manner along with bid deadlines
- Reviewing and evaluating each unsuccessful bid to share constructive feedback and lessons learned with colleagues
- Representing Agent at local, regional and national forums and providing feedback back to colleagues
- Presenting information in a meaningful, useful and understandable way to internal and external stakeholders
You’ll need to have…
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Impeccable literacy skills, with an extensive vocabulary
- A high attention to detail with an excellent editing and proofing ability
- An approach to work that is deadline driven with effective time management skills
- The ability thrive in a busy environment
- The ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the bid-writing arena
- Proven bid team involvement
- The ability to demonstrate effective bid writing skills
The technical part.
The salary for this role is between £23,000 – £28,000 dependent on experience and ability.
A full benefits package will be made available including in-house health activities, training and development, flexible working hours and monthly massages as part of our Agent Wellbeing programme.
We don’t want to receive just the ‘usual’ CV’s and covering letters. Tell us why this role is for you, what you’ve done before and what makes you tick! We want to see examples of your written work too, creativity is welcomed!
‘Bid Writer Role’ – Agent Marketing’
The deadline for applications is Monday 18th March, 2019.
Agent proudly celebrates diversity and inclusion and is proud to Ban the Box!