Lead Web Developer
Location: Liverpool / Manchester
Start Date: December - January 2022
We’re a fast-paced, 36-strong integrated brand and communications agency with big ambitions for growth in 2022. With offices in Liverpool and Manchester, we’re looking for a talented, ambitious lead web developer to join our growing multi-disciplinary team. With a passion for all things digital including designing, programming, and integrating websites, you’ll be responsible for inspiring and exciting our clients by truly engaging their audiences. With a national client portfolio that spans a wide variety of sectors, you’ll be working on a range of diverse digital projects. We’re looking for someone with a keen eye for detail, the ability to multitask and be part of a people–focussed, value-led company.
What you'll be doing in this role...
- Web development - We’re looking for someone who is passionate about coding and web-development. The primary roles of this opportunity will include:
- Design, test and enhance user experiences by creating seamless, high performing digital experiences
- Lead website builds on our preferred CMS WordPress
- Developing and maintaining high quality code
- Integrating websites with third party services through API’s
- Working closely with our creative and marketing teams to realise the client’s vision
Team development and management – leading a small team of developers to be the best that can be. Helping cost for projects and ensure that team members are fully supported and coached.
Project and client management – Work alongside our Client Partners to develop an unrivalled understanding of our clients’ businesses and their industries. Using insight and research from our team, you’ll lead the planning and development of websites and bespoke web-based experiences that meet and exceed client expectations. You’ll manage the development lifecycle and quality control projects through each phase.
Client relations – Build superb client relationships by listening to and understanding client requirements with an ambition to exceed expectations throughout every step of our processes. In essence, delighting our clients!
Getting it perfect – Ensuring everything we develop is thoroughly tested and robust prior to live implementation and that the VCS is used throughout.
Planning – Be knowledgeable on web technologies, helping to guide internal and external discussions on implementation and planning.
Internal communications – Ability to guide and mentor members of the team. Work closely with SLT and across all departments within Agent ensuring effective and efficient lines of communication are delivered.
You'll need to have...
- Solid experience as a Full Stack or WordPress Developer
- Knowledge and understanding of User Experience processes
- A strong knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Experience developing WordPress websites in a commercial setting
- Ability to debug and solve complex technical problems
- Good understanding of web standards, accessibility, and best practices
- The ability to inform design and ability to translate designs into interactive and mobile-first websites
- Ability to plan and produce well documented, semantic, and clean code
- An ability to work as part of our strong team, enhancing our culture
- Fantastic, engaging, and confident style of presenting
- Ability to project manage, prioritise, and deliver against deadlines
- A good attention to detail and the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Experience using Git version control (Gitlab preferred)
It will be beneficial if you have...
- Some Dev Ops experience (Plesk VPS/AWS)
- Experience with Front End frameworks
- Experience with Front End libraries (Bootstrap, jQuery, Modernizr, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of website security techniques
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Interest in the latest design and technology trends
- Knowledge and skill in using design software (Adobe Creative Suite preferred)
- Some management experience
What we will offer you...
Agent is a people-focused business and it’s important to us that we reward our staff. We do this by offering benefits including:
- Flexible working including two shorter days per week
- Ongoing career development and training
- Regular pay reviews
- Health and wellbeing support and training
- Life insurance
- Free parking
- (Numerous) office dogs
- High spec equipment (Mac or PC)
- In additional to our standard annual leave allowance, we close from 24th December right through the festive period to allow the team time off
- Team social events (we love our food and drink)
And we’re always open to new ideas and ways of working so if this role is for you, we’d love to hear from you.
Submissions can be emailed to
Jeanette Gill, Operations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed / hand delivered to
Agent Marketing, 43 Jordan Street,
Liverpool, L1 0BW.
Please quote: ‘Lead Web Developer at Agent Marketing’